Monday, August 1, 2011

PB&J Smoothie!

Well, I didn't mean for it to be a peanut butter n jelly taste, but it works!

So breakfasts have been a little difficult for me lately. I've gone mostly off cheese, in addition to milk, yogurt, gluten, and oats (which I hear are gluten-free unless contaminated in the field. And they are almost always contaminated). This leaves my morning meal options pretty limited. Granted, I have some gluten-free bread that I could use for pbj, but I don't like having sandwiches too often. Kinda feels like cheating. Plus the bread is pretty processed, and I want to stay less so. So smoothies have been my go-to meal in the morning. It helps that Ness took all my soft white peaches that I had picked, and she sliced and froze them all. Thanks, Ness! I don't keep all that much frozen fruit on hand otherwise, but since I've had a small selection my smoothies have been, um, fun. Here's what I did this morning:

PBJ Smoothie

1 cup frozen peach slices
3/4 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 cup zucchini (it was available. what the heck.)
1/3 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
juice (I used 100% black cherry)

I had to add a little water to mine while it was blending because it was so thick. I don't like putting too much juice in because of the sugars, even though it's all natural sugar. I realized halfway through my first glass (this makes 1 1/2 big ones) that it really does taste like peanut butter and jelly. I may have to do this again! Happy smoothieing.

No comments:

Post a Comment